Come Celebrate My Blog’s Birthday at My Awesomely Golden Party in Chicago!
My peoples! On August 8, 2006 I launched this website. Back then it was called “Luvvie’s Random Rants” and I had just graduated from college. I felt like I had outgrown my Xanga blog (remember Xanga?) so I moved to Blogger, shut down my old blog that I had for three years and the rest is random history.
On August 8, 2014, Awesomely Luvvie will be 8 years old and it’s a big milestone: GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!!! This must be celebrated and I’m doing it in style by having a pordee. Yes, ma’ams and sirs. Awesomely Golden shindig is going DOWN in my hometown of Chicago on August 8 from 6-10pm!
The party is to bring together 150 people for a night of games, drinks, food, dancing, great music and some other dope stuff. There’s ONE particular game that I’ll be talmbout later but I am so excited avout. People will walk away with random gifts throughout the night too for just being there as I get my LuvPrah on. YOU GET A GIFT! AND YOU GET A GIFT!
There will be: red carpet, gift bags, photo booth, dance contest and a caricaturist. And more stuff. I may or may not even throw a Spades tournament. I’ll have to see because that will require me to get extra security (for obvious reasons).
8 YEARS OLD ON 8/8 = WIN!
Awesomely Golden will basically be my blog’s awesomeness come to life. I might even get my mom to make y’all her amazing jollof rice. Lemme work on that. Maybe I’ll have her throw in some plantains too.
BREAKING NEWS: MY MOM HAS AGREED TO MAKE SOME JOLLOF RICE FOR MY BLOG PARTY!!!! YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!!! *hits my jig*
To get tickets, go to the Awesomely Golden event page. First 30 people to RSVP are in for the free. Everyone else, $20. 150 people is the capacity, yall! DASSIT! Email me ([email protected]) if you’d like to also have your products in my attendee gift bag.
Let’s pordee and get your alphets ready!
* Do I need to dress up? This isn’t the type of party you need to be rocking heels for. Come in some dope kicks that you can really dance in, hilarious graphic tees and just be casual fly.
* Will there be moscato in the house? YES. Absolutely.
* How much red velvet goodies will be present? I’m not sure but I’d say: a lot.
* Will be pordee like it’s 1999? DAMB STRAIGHT. Is there any other way to party?
* Can I be a sponsor? Glad you asked! Absolutely. I’m still looking for sponsors for the party so you should totally be a part of what will be a grand time. For sponsorship inquiries, email [email protected] so we can work together!
I’m so excited! This is the first time I’m having a party to celebrate ME and it is long overdue. I’m proud of what I’ve built here and what’s come from it has blown my mind. I hope you can join me.
P.S. The hashtag for the party is #AwesomelyGolden. Tweet me if you’re coming.
P.P.S. If I gather some coins together, maybe I’ll have an NYC edition later in the year. Mayhaps!
P.P.P.S. If I throw a Spades tournament, how much security would I need to pull it off so no one gets hurt?