The Time James Brown and Little Richard Partnered on Wheel of Fortune: Throwback Thursday
You got to go way back sometimes for the best clips. Back in 1994, Wheel of Fortune did a week where they featured “Music Stars.” On this particular episode, it’s Lee Greenwood, Weird Al Yankovic, James Brown and Little Richard. Yes, 4 contestants. Why? Because James and Richard played together. I didn’t even know that was a thing.
It’s just completely adorable. Watch the 5 minute clip below. Minute 2 is when they start talking about how they know each other.
I just have a some questions, though.
* Why did Lil Richard and James Brown pair up? They were playing for different charities. Did they book them both and realize they ran out of spots? I mean I’m not against it. I’m just wondering.
* Why did I start laughing the moment I saw both Richard and James? Could it be that Lil Richard had on a jacket made of the same fabric my granny used as a wrapper in 1991? Or that James Brown was dressed like a BIC erasable pen? I am not sure but I was cackling the moment they stepped on screen. InstaLife.
* Why are they adorable?? Every time they’d spin and look at each other for a letter, I’d cackle. The pause and the uuuuuuhhhhhh. Bless them.
* Why do I wanna mop a floor every time I see Weird Al? I just know that hair will shine some tile real well.
* Why can’t nobody rock a curl set like James Brown? STILL. Step your cookies up, everyone!
* Why did they put pregnant Vanna White in this black muu muu, doe?
* Why did they ask for a letter and James Brown said “KEY?” A combo of C and K and Pat Sajak just paused as the buzzer went NAWL! THAT made me laugh hard.
* Why was Little Richard all up in Lee’s space? He got his elbows on the thing all comfortable. I love it.
* Why did I get my life at 4:40 when Little Richard went “Thank James for being from that old school. SHADDAP!” I live for his sass, LAWD!
Again, super cute, especially at the end when Richard hugged James. YESSSSSSS! This is classic goodness.