Celebrate Good Times for Obama!
I was on YBF.com a couple of days ago, and she put a list up of ways for Black folks to celebrate if Obama wins to keep folks from getting nervous, at least for the first few days. I already broke ALL them rules and it has only been an hour and a half.
1. No crying, hugging or shouting ‘Thank you Lord’ at least not in public. – Too late. I thanked the Lord, Allah, Buddah, and Vishnu.
2. No high-fives at least not unless the area is clear and there are no witnesses. – High fives tempered with many “woo hoo”s.
3. No laughing at the McCain/Palin supporters. – I just chuckled a little. Does that count? Psht, who cares? They some hater *ss haters b/c they booed when McCain mentioned President Obama (ooo that feels GREAT)
4. No calling in sick on November 5th. They’ll get nervous if too many of us don’t show up. – We should do the opposite, go to work and spend the whole day skipping and cheesing all around the office. Optional: Ask people “How the hell are ya?” and before they answer, say “Well, I don’t know about you, but I am GREAT!”
5. We’re allowed to give each other knowing winks or nods in passing. Just try to keep from grinning too hard. – My jaws hurt already and I have smile lines that were previously absent.
6. No singing loudly, We’ve come this Far By Faith (it will be acceptable to hum softly) – DamNAT! I’m sanging from the rooftops! Negro spirituals, especially.
7. No bringing of barbeque ribs or fried chicken for lunch in the company lunchroom for at least a week – I’m eating a wing in honor of Barack!
8. No leaving kool-aid packages at the water fountain (this might be a sign that poor folks might be getting a break through) – This is just foolish. Get a cup and work it out.
9. No Cupid Shuffle during breaks (this could indicate a little too much excitement) – What about the Cha-Cha slide?
10. Please no Moving on Up music (we are going to try to remain humble) – I already sang it and customized it. “We’re moving on up, to the East Coast. To a deluxe white mansion in DC!!”
11. No doing the George Jefferson dance (unless you’re in your office with the door closed) – The song wouldn’t be complete without it. I just happen to be a pro at this dance. And if I happen to bust this out while downtown Chicago, folks will have to understand.
12.Please try not to yell—-BOOOO YAH! – I yelled “YES LAWD!!!!!” for at LEAST 15 good minutes. My throat hurts now but I don’t care.
13. Just in case you’re wondering, Doing the Running Man, cabbage patch, or a backhand spring on the highway is 100% okay. – Thank you for the permission I didn’t need. I even created a dance routine which added the perculator and the robot to the arsenal. I’ve just been doing all types of shucking since 10pm.
How are you celebrating this HISTORIC moment?