10 of President Obama’s Funniest Lines from Nerd Prom 2013
Last night was the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, nicknamed “Nerd Prom” for obvious reasons. Conan O’Brien hosted it but President Barack Obama stole the show. He actually walked up to it while DJ Khaled’s “All I Do is Win” was playing. It’s his 2nd term and BROBAMA is letting folks know that he is running out of every damb to give. He wanted to stroll in to rap and dagnabbit, he did it.
The video is below, but even if you don’t watch it, I’ve picked out 10 of his funniest zingers. I actually did laugh at loud multiple times, because he was on FIRE last night, snatching wigs left and right. His speechwriters get so many props and he gets props for the delivery.
10 Funniest Obama Lines from Nerd Prom
1. “I look in the mirror and I have to admit, I’m not the strapping young Muslim socialist that I used to be.”
2. “I took 22 shots, made two of them. 2 hits, 20 misses. The executives at NBC asked, ‘What’s your secret?'”
3. “I’ve got 99 problems and now Jay-Z’s one.”
4. “I know CNN has taken some knocks lately,” Obama said. “I admire their commitment to cover all sides of the story, just in case one of them happens to be right.”
5. “The History Channel is not here. I guess they were embarrassed about the whole Obama-is-a-devil thing. Of course, that never kept Fox News from showing up. They thought that comparison was not fair… to Satan.”
CLEARLY, President Obama is like:
6. “I remember when BuzzFeed was something I did in college around 2 a.m. True story.”
7. “Did you know that Sheldon Adelson spent $100 million of his own money last year on negative ads? You’ve got to really dislike me to spend that kind of money. I mean, that’s Oprah money. You could buy an island and call it ‘Nobama’ for that kind of money. Sheldon would have been better off offering me $100 million to drop out of the race, I probably wouldn’t have taken it, but I’d have thought about it.”
8. “One thing they [Republicans] all agree on is that they could do a better job reaching out to minorities. Call me self-centered but I could think of ONE minority they could start with. *raises hands* HELLO! Think of me as a trial run.”
9. “Republicans fell in love with this thing [sequestering], and now they can’t stop talking about how much they hate it. It’s like we’re trapped in a Taylor Swift album.”
10. “I’m also hard at work on plans for the Obama Library. And some have suggested that we put it in my birthplace, but I’d rather keep it in the United States.”
As if those weren’t funny enough. The visuals he used during his speech were ALSO hilarious. Especially when he said he’s gonna start using one of Michelle’s tricks to become well-liked.
I DON DIE! His team is full of FOOLS and I love it.
Good times. You might not like his politics but you gotta admit that the dude knows how to poke fun at himself. And when he’s done in 2016, if he opts to take this show on the road, I wouldn’t be mad. BRObama was in rare form.
I totally wanna be invited to Nerd Prom one day.
Did y’all watch the Nerd Prom? Whatcha think?