Life’s Wops of Glory Announcements
Honestly, 2012 has been an EPIC year for me and it isn’t even half over. God has been doing the wop of glory in my life this year and I’m ever so thankful for His blessings. Every opportunity I’ve received has felt like a holy shove in the right direction and I am beyond ecstatic at it all.
With that being said, I wanted to share with you folksies some cool things that have happened or are happening to me lately.
* Black Enterprise chose me as one of 20 dope bloggers of 2012, and they did a cool feature story on me on their site last month. My feature was written by the amazing Tracy Gallaud, who captured me so well. She gets me! Awesomely Luvvie, Laughing & Blogging out Loud.
* Last weekend, I spoke at Blogging While Brown as part of the opening keynote with my friends and techies Adria Richards and Scott Hanselman. Our keynote was called “Personal Branding. It IS all about you.” I also presented the SEO 101 clinic, demystifying search engine optimization, and letting folks know how to make their sites rank higher in google for their keywords. It got such GREAT feedback from people at the conference too so that made me happy.
BTW, if you want to see the slides from my SEO 101 presentation, they’re HERE.
Also, I’ll be speaking at BlogHer (on a panel with Dr. Goddess, Issa Rae and Chescaleigh) in August. That panel shall be awesome because all those ladies are amazeballs and hilarious.
Our panel is called “Strategic Content Development Across Multiple Media: Onstage, Onscreen, and Online.” We’ll be talmbout how to take the funny and adapt it across all forms of media. If you’re going to BlogHer’s Conference, you won’t wanna miss this. It’s on August 3, from 1:15-2:30pm.
* I’m the newest social media trainer at StoryStudio Chicago, and my first class there will be a Twitter 201 session on June 25, and my 2nd class will be Blogging 101 on July 30. Teaching folks how to use social media to further their goals is really one of the things I want to be doing more so I’m so happy for this. It’s honestly one of my passions and I plan on doing more trainings, both in person and online (webinars) more.
You can join my mailing list HERE to get info on my social media trainings!
* RollingOut Magazine did a feature on me and my work with my nonprofit: “The Red Pump Project’s Luvvie Ajayi Fighting to Prevent HIV/AIDS Infections.”
* Twitter finally let me have @Luvvie as my screename! I feel officially official. It’s been 3.5 years coming! Next, I need to get important enough for a verified check. This might take another 3.5 years but WOOPPP!!!
* And in addition to my “Keeping it Reality” column on EBONY.com, I just started a new one called “This Week in Ratchet” that launched last week! Super excited for that. I’ll be doing a weekly roundup of foolishment in pop culture, so getchu a piece of that every Friday on EBONY.com!
Besides these, there are other things in the works but y’all know real Gs move in silence like gnats so I’ll be mum on them until they’re ready to be announced.
Realizing you’re one knock away from your dream door being opened is amazing. I hope everyone feels closer to their dreams everyday.
And thanking God for all the blessings.
COngratulations luvvie!!! you’re doing great!!! Keep up the good work!
Congratulations on all of the exciting things happening in your life! I love your voice and the fact that you are using words to create impact, influence — and more than the occasional laugh. Looking forward to what’s next.
Thanks, Monica! Really appreciate that!
“Realizing you’re one knock away from your dream door being opened is amazing.”
So amazing, keep it up.
I’m gonna try, Raeh! Thanks.
This is awesome news! Congratulations!
‘Preciate it, Shareef! Great meeting you at BWB!
Question – your Yahoo avi – did they customize it for you?
Thanks! And I did it myself.
LAAAWWWWDDDD Jesus done dropkicked you through the goalposts of LIFE! End ova END neither LEFF nor RIGHT! Yesssssssssssssssss!! *does laps around blog* *bangs tambourine* *lays white sheet over self*
You see Jesus SHOWING UP AND SHOWING OUT in my life??? YES FATHA!!! *does a church scoot*
CONGRATS, BOO! This is all so so so very exciting. You’ve definitely earned it, my dear!
*raises glass of Moscato*
Congratulations on all your accomplishments and future success! I’m so glad I stumbled across your blog. Not only do you keep me thoroughly entertained, you introduced me to the intersting world of twitter.
-has a couple trumpets trumpet Pomp And Circumstance in your honor- GO REESIE!! Couldn’t be more proud of you for all your accomplishments. You’re only getting started so keep your head up and keep inspiring us all.
Congratulations Luvvie!!!! You deserve all these wonderful blessings and more! xoxo
Congratulations Luvvie!!!! You deserve all these wonderful blessings and more! So proud of you girl! xoxo
Congratulations, Luvvie! I’m a new reader and I agree – you’re AWESOME!
Congrats on all the good that’s come your way. You deserve it because Lawd knows you’se one hard working woman.
PS ~ Real Gs move in silence like knights with bad sight on flights at midnight.
I’m so proud of you, Luvvie! I was thinking about you earlier today and *BAM*, you popped up in my FB feed. Keep doing your thing and inspiring us!!
Congrats on all the blessings you have received and all those sure to come!
YOU.BETTA.WERK.LUVVIE!!!! You have created a place where intelligent and hilariously funny content is always on the menu! Ionno you, but you make me smile like we play cousins or like we double dutched in the streets together as chillen!! Keep on keeping on!!
YOU.BETTA.WERK.LUVVIE!!!! You have created a place where intelligent and hilariously funny content is always on the menu! Ionno you, but you make me smile, spew water on my hand and phone, and nearly pee my panties laughing errday like we play cousins or like we double dutched in the streets together as chillen!! Keep on keeping on!!
Ummm..Ionno why that posted twice….Ima go set it down over here until I learn the ins and outs of the interwebs…
Love it Luvvie!!!! Many blessings and glory wops. This is cause for a Brother Franklin Owino-style praise dance. Your session at BWB was like that too!!! You work so hard and are always on your grind. Thank you for the inspiration and may God continue to bless and send glory wops your way!!!
Congrats! Very happy for you and looking forward to seeing what the future brings your way. Wishing you the Bestest!
Happy for you! You’re such an inspiration and looking forward to your BlogHer Panel.
Congratulations! I frequent your blog, refer it to others, and I am never disappointed! I wish you continued success!
so happy for you!!
Grindin’….I see you Luvbug…*wops outta the comments*
Many congratulations to you!
I’m always excited to see your posts, the essence and joy of what you do shows…
congrats lady, keep it up!
Git’erdone!!!!! Do yo thang!! You’re blowin up!!! Just don’t get all big headish and whatnot like your cuzin Tyrese and start paying Amish to how the wind beneath your wings lifted you to freedom on the back of the mothership or some such Tyresical nonsense LMBO