I Have So Many Questions About This Painting
Sooo I saw the following painting on Facebook when Sam (@blunted215) reposted it, after seeing it on someone’s page with the caption “I almost cried seeing this.”
I have so many questions about this painting.
* Why is Jesus behind ol’ boy looking like He has to go to the bathroom really badly? Is Jesus tryna stop dude’s high? Or is he tryna give him a massage and his shoulders are too tense? I am confused.
* How many vices and bad things could there be in one picture? It’s like an After School special gone wrong. We got liquor, cigarettes, a gun, cards (which I guess signify gambling), cocaine, heroin and a random skull. And homie’s hair is greasy. 7 Deadly Sins and then some. Maybe that’s why Jesus looks like He has a tummy ache.
* Whose handprint is on that door, and why is it there?
* Where’s Jesus’ left arm? I’m asking. For reasons.
* Did Tyrese paint this? I’d think so but he’da included MLK or Malcolm X somewhere in this pic. And they’d be looking onto the scene disapprovingly.
* The people who wanted to cry when they saw this pic. Was it because of how wack it is? It surely couldn’t be because this touched them. SURELY COULD NOT BE.
Sam thought this painting looked like the cover to a Hardy Boys mystery. He’s not wrong. This painting begs for a book about a misunderstood middle schooler. I don’t even understand what its’ tryna accomplish.
I just… do y’all have any answers for me?