Atlanta, New York, Seattle and Nashville: I’m Coming To Speak This Fall!
My peoples! Fall has kicked off and I now have an excuse to break out my wool blazers, scarves and boots collection! I’m not excited for the whole “it gets colder from here on out” part but the layering part? HELL YES.
Antywho, this is also one of my busiest seasons as far as conferences and speaking engagements. I’m gonna be all over the country in the next couple of months presenting on topics around social media, communications and other randomness, and it all kicks off tomorrow!
Tomorrow, I’ll be speaking at Social Media Week Chicago on the topic of Branding in the Digital Space from 2:30-3:30pm!
Social Media Week is a global event, taking place in 8 different cities at the same time. Registration for most panels are free, so they’re very accessible to folks. This year, I spoke at the inaugural Social Media Week Lagos in Nigeria, my first home. So it’s great to be a part of SMWChicago, my home home. There are a few seats left for my SMWBranding panel!
After that, I fly to Providence, Rhode Island on Friday to speak at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s “Educating for Change” Conference. I’ll be talmbout Social Media Content Strategy: Being Awesome Online.
THEN… next week is uber exciting because SCANDAL IS BACK!!! *hits my wop like a fool* I’ll be hosting the season 3 premiere party for Scandal at Blogalicious in Atlanta on Thursday, October 3, along with Kailei Carr. It’s sponsored by Comcast XFINITY for their new CelebrateBlackTV site.
I’ll be livetweeting during the show using the hashtag #CBTVScandal. Join the conversation and use that hashtag to join the pordee!
ANDDDD the day after that is the All-Star Blogger Keynote at Blogalicious with my homies Patrice Yursik of Afrobella, Lamar Tyler of Black and Married with Kids, Denene Millner of My Brown Baby and Shameeka Ayers of The Broke Socialite.
The day after that, I’ll be in New York City for Digital UNDivided’s FOCUS100’s conference. I’m interviewing Issa Rae’s epic self for the morning keynote. THAT should be a good time.
WHEW! And that’s just the next week and a half. WOWSIES. This is why I’m resting up RAHT NAH!
Anywho, I’ll also be in Seattle, Nashville and Texas in October and November. I’m ESPECIALLY excited for Texas because I’m speaking at a conference at Texas Women’s University RIGHT BEFORE Judy Smith, the real Olivia Pope. I’m going to fangirl SO HARD.
I’m going to try my DARNDEST to not act a fool in front of Ms. Judy.
Below is the full list:
* Branding in the Digital Age (workshop) – Social Media Week Chicago (September 2013) – Chicago, IL
* Social Media Content Strategy: Being Awesome Online (workshop) – Educating for Change Conference at UMass Dartmouth (September 2013) – Dartmouth, MA
* All-Star Blogger Keynote (panel) – Blogalicious (October 2013) – Atlanta, GA
* One-on-One Chat with Issa Rae (moderator) – FOCUS100 (October 2013) – New York, NY
* Blogging and Content Marketing Strategy (workshop) – Content Jam (October 2013) – Chicago, IL
* Humor in Feminism? Bring It On! (panel) – GeekGirlCon (October 2013) – Seattle, WA
* Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About: Social Media and You (workshop) – Homefree-USA Reaching Millions Leadership and Training Conference (October 2013) – Nashville, TN
* Being Great Online: Maintaining Your Online Reputation (workshop) – Texas Women’s University Cultural Connections Leadership Conference (November 2013) – Denton, TX
* Dressing for College Success (workshop) – University of Illinois Chicago (November 2013) – Chicago, IL
* Using Social Media for Business (workshop) – Year Up Chicago (December 2013) – Chicago, IL
But yeah! 2013 is wrapping up with awesomeness! I’m really looking forward to these, because I love to teach and empower people about technology.
I didn’t even include my webinars in this list. You can take one of my classes even if you aren’t in one of the cities I will be visiting.
This is SO inspiring! Go girl 🙂
Thanks, Nikki! 😀
Yep. This is awesome. Get it Gurl!!!
I’m truly trying to get it! Thanks!
Your success is motivating
Working hard at it, Nee. Thank you!
Congrats to you doll!!! You rock!!!!!!
Thanks, Sheena! 🙂
So…you reallllyyyy gonna make me hop in my ride and hit the highway from Houston to the DFW area!! Hmmm…it’s not like me being a wife, mommy and grad student has me busy enough. ROAD TRIP!!!!
You KNOW I encourage road trips! SHOMMON!
I will see you at the Scandal party at Blogalicious!!!
WHOOT!!! So excited for it!
I know you’re gonna rock.
Thank you, Rikyrah! 😀
This is awesome stuff Luvvie. See what the internet does when it uses its powers for good and not evil? I do not know you yet I’m as proud as if my little sister just listed all she’ll be up to. Inspiring. And tell Judy I said hey.
Yay! I’m excited that you’re coming to Nashville! I moved here from Chicago a little over a year ago. I can’t make a midday workshop, but let me know if you need anything while you’re in town.