This Was Definitely Hunting Season: Scandal Episode 203 Recap
Last night was episode 3 of Scandal season 2 and it was on par with the rest, with no chill whatsoever. All 60 minutes had me sweating like Flava Flav while running with that heavy neck clock. I ain’t e’em lying! So much tea in one doggone hour! So let’s get into it all!
Disclaimer: if you haven’t watched this episode, you might wanna skip my recap until you do because there are hella spoilers here. So ummm don’t say I didn’t warn you.
* Olivia got a surprise in her car – Olivia gets in her car in a deserted parking garage and realizes someone’s in it. She says she’s about to call the police and the person starts talking and they both talk in fast forward. He tells Liv that they’re being watched by the government and they know about the late night calls between her and the president. She kicks him out the car before he can finish what he is saying.
* The Gubment is watching – The dude that was in Olivia’s car is named Artie, and does data entry for the National Security Administration (NSA), and knows about a program called “Thorngate.” The NSA is using the program to spy on private citizens, knowing what everyone is doing ALLATAHM. He wants protection since he stole the software. CHILE WUT?
* Olivia wants some receipts – To check out how true old boy is, Olivia goes to speak to the head of the NSA and tells her that one of her employees says the gubment is spying on citizens illegally. When the lady says they give everyone freedom to tell on their coworkers who may be misbehaving, from “data entry to…” Olivia knew. She got up and left, knowing DAMB well she hadn’t said anything about data entry yet the lady mentioned it. AND she was peeping her expressions and could tell she was lying.
Madame Pope stomps down the street in this FIERCE tan trench, telling her team to get Artie to a safe house IMMEJATELY because he is telling the truth. They better bob and weave! Bob and use their weaves!
* The blue screen of death – Liv’s team decides to really test out Thorngate’s power, so they know what’s happening and to get some leverage. As they tap into what Cyrus is doing in West Wing, it crashes and the computer shows the blue screen of death. Everyone with a PC has seen it at one point in time. This is partly why I’m an Apple chick. Yes. Shade. (-_-)
* Senator Davis says NAWL – Olivia needs more info, so she goes to Senator Davis, who runs the Congressional Intelligence Committee. When she mentions Thorngate, he tells her that she’s messing with the wrong people and he can be no help to her. He was like “you ain’t bout to get ME in trouble. NAWL, LIV.” And then asked her on a date. Sir… O_O.
* Word on Thorngate Gets Around – Cyrus tells President Ghost that Artie is Olivia’s newest client, and that she knows about Thorngate. And then hands him a pic of Liv and Senator Davis. Turns out that Liv used to DATE the Senator so Ghostie jumps to all types of conclusions like he’s on a life trampoline. Y’all know what folks say about “when you ASSUME.” Ass. You. Me. MMHMM.
* They play NO games – The only other person who knows about Thorngate is found dead in her apartment, and made to look like an accidental homicide. Abby and Harrison see a black sedan pull away from the front of her house and realize that she was murked in the name of security. AW DAMB.
* President Summons Olivia for Hunting – Two big dudes come to Olivia’s door and she knows who they are immediately. Tom and Hal. I was lowkey expecting Iyanla because she needed to fix some mess! They take her to the Pres, who is hunting in the woods, and he yells at her to get out the car. Don’t be yelling at me like that unless you mean me a good time. HEYYYY President Ghost! 😉
He straps some boots on Liv’s feet (they were cute. Were they Timbs? I wouldn’t mind them for the winter) because she wasn’t dressed for the occasion. They walk and talk and it’s clear that he didn’t bring her there to talk Thorngate. Homeboy had her come because he was salty about the picture he saw with Liv and Davis. CHILE, this fool is MARRIED and mad that his MISTRESS might be seeing her ex. E’em though she isn’t. O__O
Then he grabs her, pushes her against a tree and they make out like teenagers in a deserted hallway while cutting class. WITH THE SECRET SERVICE THERE! They had to turn around as these two went at it for about a good 30 seconds!
Then Liv pushes him off and yells “I AM NOT YOURS!” But if you scoop me up like that, we can negotiate. Listen… I’m just saying. Owwww!
* No Snitching – The White House tries to stop Artie from blowing the whistle on Thorngate so they file an injunction against Liv’s firm, saying they’ll be charged with treason if they leak the story to the press. They’re so sincere about it.
Mellie notices that President Ghost is being moody as ever, so she approaches two of his secret service men for info. Since they can’t TELL her anything, she says she’ll go down a list of possible things that might have aggravated him and all they have to do is blink when she’s on the money. BOTH agents blinked when she said “Olivia Pope.” WHAT KINDA SECRET SERVICE ARE YOU?? No secret-keeping asses. WOMP.
* Artie is a damb lie and a cheat – All along, Artie was setting up Olivia and team and tryna sell Thorngate to the highest bidder. He escapes the safe house and takes the software with him. The NSA head who lied to her shows up at her office and Liv asks for 12 hours to find Artie. She leaves it to Huck, and y’all KNOW that goon does not fail often.
* Mellie goes AWF – Mellie’s about sick and tah’d of the President’s obsession with Olivia, and she lets it be known. She says “You’re never gonna make it to a 2nd term” and she’s ready to take his seat. Sometimes I can’t stand her but I get why she’s how she is. Her husband is a lowdown dog so she’s in her right to be bitter. And then she tells him “if you see her again, I’m blowing you away.” WELPY LEWELPERS!
* Huck shakes the table on Artie – Huck finds Artie, who’d stolen one of his watches, which had a tracking device. I thought he was about to peel Artie like a tangerine, but he tranquilizes him instead. Y’all see Huck tryna change his murderous ways!
* Abby can get the hell on – Quinn/Lindsey (Quinnsey), Abby and Harrington go get drinks in a bar. And because Abby is the douchebag she is, she insults Quinnsey for the umpteenth time and get what she deserves and is told AWF! Quinnsey tells her to go straight to hell with gasoline draws on after she put “Pump It Up” spritz in her hair. “I’m Quinn, bitch!”
And when Quinn and Harrison leave, David sits down next to Abby. He’s the state attorney who lost Quinnsey case to Olivia at hour 11:59, and he’s now obsessed with finding out how he lost it, as well as his job. He sits down and IMMEDIATELY I know he’s on boolsheet. I can tell he wants use her lonely ass to get Liv’s secrets. This is confirmed as we see Abby and David in bed post-coitus. SEE LIFE??? Wasn’t nobody checking for Abby before. MMHMMM.
I cannot WAIT for next week’s episode! It’s about to be gooder dinnamug! I am here for Scandal!
Did y’all spend 30 minutes after the show rolling around on carpet like I did?
Awesome recap I just figured out why you call the Prez “Ghost” #RealLatePass Anywho, Abby ain’t worth 2 dead flies. After all Liv has done for her?????? Chillllleeeeeee. Can’t wait for next week!!!!
LOL! I love it when folks figure it out. I can’t call him nothing else now.
Color me slow, but I still don’t get the Prez Ghost thing. And Lawd knows I’ve been tryna figure it out for a MINUTE…
…Is it cuz other people never see them together?
I’m Quinn, b!tch!
Lawd, it took a while to come down from that episode. I jumped when Huck showed up out of nowhere to claim Artie. I almost felt sorry for him. Huck is the last person you wanna meet in a dark alley. RUN!
Yeah I just KNEW Huck was gon kill Artie. He showed so much self-control.
Oh don’t sleep on Huck. He didn’t murk him but he have that red tool box of torture and I’m sure he used somethangs in there before he turned him over to the NSA. Remember he told Liv “I didn’t hurt him…much.” LOL
But for reals though… the last person.. but then a part of you wants to put him on your lap and hug him…
Oh? Just me?
So I finished catching up on Scandal and had to come and read all of Luvvie’s recaps.
I’m with you I want to pull him close and have him lay his head on my chest. Then have game night with him. I’m here for Huckleberry Finn
Loved the recap. Scandal surely leaves you on the edge of your seat, basically kneeling on the floor to pay homage to Shonda Rhimes for giving us this. Are we worthy?
Just when you you know what’s going on, you are flipped in a different direction. I may hafta sue Shonda and the Scandal team for whiplash.
I did NOT see the Artie thing coming. I was like WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED? Shonda don’t let us chill.
Yes Luvvie! iLive for this show! When Olivia told the Prez she wasn’t his I did a holy ghost dance, two-stepped and did the stanky leg lol! Also, Abby should know better. She’s a bullied who’s about to get played. Can’t wait for next week!
HA at the holy ghost. Chile I LOVED that scene so murch! And Abby deserved that cussout. I’ont like her one damb bit.
Ugh, me either! How she gotten more annoying this season? Always buttin’ in and talking trash about everyone. She is gonna get some comeuppance soon!
Yeah yeah yeah…she’s doesn’t belong to him- until the next time he comes-a-calling. UGH! This “relationship” irks me to my marrow! I know 98.97% of us have played the fool for some guy/girl at some point in our lives, but c’mon. The President? Let him run the country for the rest of his term and THEN wreck his home/life. It ain’t just someone’s husband she messing with GOSH! LoL He could get into a jealous rage again and go to war or end healthcare or somin!
I LOOOOOVES me some Scandal. I swear fo Gawd if ShonShon don’t wrap up some of these loose ends before the end of the season and leaves us hanging until Season 3 I’mma ummm…I’mma well, be upset and counting down the days until season 3 premiere
Amazing recap! Abby was starting to get on my nerves anyway, messing with Quinnsey like that. I’m Quinn Bitch! Huck shakes the table on Artie -Luvive, you keep me smiling!
So sorry, I spelled your name wrong. Luvvie!
No, I did not spend 30 minutes rolling around, but somehow between the time that Huck tranquilized Artie and Quinnsey went off on Abby I got from off the couch to right in front of the screen and sure did spend MINUTES staring at the screen, eyes-peeled, after that post-coitus roll waiting for the show to come back from commercial like “no way has it been a whole hour yet…”
I’d still be there, too, if the news hadn’t come on.
Girl the news was on and I was still talmbout Scandal. I couldn’t e’em focus on nothing else.
Umm Miz Luvvie, far be it for me to look a gift horse in the mouth for this (again) outstanding recap, but how you gonna just skip over episode 2 like we aint friends? #iseehowyouroll #kissteef
See what had happened was… I was outta town when episode 2 came on and I didn’t get a chance to catch up with it until like 4 days after. Was too late for me to do a recap. I figured folks wouldn’t care by then.
Your take is hilarious. Even days later. We care. Probably too much. 🙂
YAAAAS LIFE from this recap!!! Not only did I have to wait two weeks for a new episode of Scandal, but THREE weeks for a Luvvie recap!?!? Please don’t let that happen again. That ain’t the life I wanna lead.
LMAO! I won’t let it happen again.
Huck will forever be Guillermo (from Weeds) but this new role suits him just as well. Love Scandal!!
I’ve never seen Weeds but i LOVE him as Huck. He is not to be messed with.
I call your Guillermo from Weeds and raise you Scarface from Half Baked (with Dave Chappelle) along with his hilarious Top Copy character from Chappelle show.
YESSS!!!! Top Copy dude! So did not make that connection. LOL
#teamalwaysbehind Luvvie, what is AWF? Duh, nevermind. (between those two sentences, it hit me)
This recap gave me life!!! I can’t wait to get off of work and go home to watch this!
Yes I was looking at that episode with the biggest of eyes haha, it was a good episode!
I don’t tho k Fritz the daddy. Milly care more about prestige than her marriage, she hurt, but she still don’t really care. I were Fritz. I would have said go ahead. You won’t be FLOTUS anymore. Lets be honest, who really gone vote for her?
I had to come out of lurkdom to say…. this show kilt me tonight (read: today) as I watched it on my computadora. I hollered out loud and in stereo when Harrison declared with such glee “I’m Quinn bitch!” And was anyone else ready to fight when Grant was yelling at Olivia Ike-style to get out that car? I was half expecting her to go all Tina on him and start beating him about the head with one of those boots.
Now all that being said I love you recaps Luvvie… now somebody tell me why you call him President Ghost?????? – I have my speculations but I have been wrong before.
He played Carl Bruner is the movie Ghost. He was the bad guy that went all Julius Caesar turncoat-knife in back to Patrick Swazye’s character Sam in the movie. It’s really a great movie. My favorite character is Oda Mae (Whoopi Goldberg) tho. To this day I can always find a use for the line “Molly, you in danger girl!”. LOL! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Goldwyn
Oh, thank you. I am now seriously questioning what I have been doing with my life because I have never seen that movie… gonna have to put it on my Netflix queue.
Oooooh, I thought it was because he has no eyebrows, just like Whoopi! Oops!
Thanks for explaining ‘president ghost’. I knew he was the bad guy from Ghost, but didn’t make the connection.
Also, thanks to Jennifer for reminding me of that great line “Molly, you in danger girl”. Love it.
LOVE these recaps!
Oh my gawd this recap has me all hype again ready to watch it online just to make sure I ain’t miss nothing. I just wanna know what kinda power Liv has to make the prez forget secret service was there and go all deep on her up against the free! That girl bad!!! And where is Artie? He might be dead. Ion remember seeing him after Huck caught him.
Artie is in custody. When Huck was talking to Liv, he said that the NSA had him.
That hour felt like it was all of 20 minutes! I had to pause it and gather myself after that scene in the woods. Everything that is so right with that show is so wrong, starting with that affair! It’s making me want to fight myself, lol. Oh, and the First Lady gained a couple of bonus points in my book on how she checked ole boy and threatened the President’s life and his J.O.B.!
Luvvie, your recaps are the bomb-diggety! Plus I love that I’m not the only one feening for each and every episode.
To all those who ain’t feeling Abby…I feel you. BUT Abby is the ONLIEST one who could go in on Olivia! Remember Season 1 when Generalissimo’s wife wanted outta there? O was confused and momentarily off her game and Abby was all “GET YOUR A** TOGETHER!”
I can’t stand Mellie! She was more than ok with Fitz getting Olivia’s goodies when Liv was helping them get into the White House, now she wants to be salty about it because Fitz still loves Olivia. I bet in up coming episodes we will see why Fitz hates Mellie as much as he does. We saw in season one that the marriage was dead long before Olivia came into the picture. I guess I’m the only one who thought it was cute that Fitz was so #jellis of the Senator and Olivia’s relationship. Great recap! I can’t wait for the next one.
You are not the only one. I live for this relationship even though its all types of wrong. Lol. It’s so bad I’ve been re-watching season 1 episodes that highlight it.
Lyssa- I thought I was the only crazy person re-watching the first season! The line that kills me ” Liv, she is the love of my life.” The chemistry between Fitz & Olivia is the best I ever seen. I am too hooked!!
He might hate her because she was cheating on him too (they revealed that in season 1)
Prez Ghost finally got it LOL!!!
I really like Scandal and I’m trying to support the brown folks, but Kerry gonna have to learn some facial expressions besides doe eyes of sadness & longing, and wide eyed rage/yelling.
So far Huck is my favorite character, cause he don’t play.
iCackled and I agree!
“I AM NOT YOURS!” You tell him, Olivia! I’m sick of President Ghost acting like a moody 13 year old. I’m all about yummy looking Senator Davis and I’m praying that Shonda gives us a good old-fashioned love triangle! (Well…love sqaure if you count Mellie…but no one really loves her soo….)
I like how everyone hated Quinn, but now glad that she finally told Abby to go somewhere. (It was wearing thin.) Quinn’s like that family member that only YOU can talk about but when someone else does it, you’re ready to kick [email protected]@!
I’on like her…she still outside the circle of trust in my book. There’s more to the story and I’mma need to know those details first.
I Love how we are all so invested in this freaking fiction show hahahahah
i will never again be upset when i miss an episode of Scandal because of work, because your recap is probably better then watching it live.. thanks boo 🙂
“I thought he was about to peel Artie like a tangerine” *gone to Mount Zion*
Great recap! Those boots, by the way, are LL Bean’s Bean Boots (also called duck boots by some). http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/35477?feat=506708-GN2&page=women-s-l-l-bean-boots-8
Imma really need that missed recap tho! When Liv asked Huck what did he need for the Pastor’s body and he started breaking it down: garbage bags, tape, knife….well lets just say I immediately said in my head “what’s that Luvvie got to say bout this” and was scurred! And then watching the Mistresses vs the Wives thing……priceless! But still, hoes be winning in 2012 cause you see the Mistress and her stained dress come to life got to walk. Which made me made wonder is this the new walk of shame? Lastly I have to say, if this is what Shonda has brought to her other shows then fool on me for not watching.
I just got caught up on the Scandal episodes and I too am ready for the nest one! Was I the only one that wanted to slap President Ghost when he was spewing about Olivia and her boyfriend? He had all kinda stats on their past relationship but seemed to forget bout his pregnant wife.
Also, I’m already starting to hate Abby. She rolled off of David like that was the best sex ever… Really though? o_O
Umm, making out in full view of the secret service? Might as well tell the whole country on CNN that y’all are f**king! And why get bothered when you’re told your phonecalls habve been taped? I am so confused…
Oh and Cyrus is dirtier than dirt. Saw that from the git go but this time he really established it. Spying on your own boss? Like who is the master & who is the dog anyway? No-brows thinks he’s running the countreh, meanwhile he’s been run by Cyrus & goons.
That baby is not (gonna end up being) the progeny of Fitzgerald Grant! Mellie’s bones are gonna start falling out that dusty closet…..
I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for
you? Plz reply as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thank you