I’m An Overgrown Toddler
Part of my life’s mission is complete, folks. I have found a pair of adult footie pajamas. You don’t understand how much joy this brought me. It’s red with polka dots (even MORE awesome), and I cannot wait to get it. I ordered it last night and I shall count down the days till I receive it. With my footies in had, this winter promises to be a warmer and cozier one. Me and my 6-month old niece must take pictures in our matching PJs.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure that I’m an overgrown toddler. Reasons why:
- I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I actually went to Panera last week for lunch with my girl, and I looked on the menu. Nothing seemed appetizing enough. Those sandwiches are all extra complicated. I flipped to the back, and VOILA!! they had a kids’ menu. When I saw PB&J, I looked up excitedly at the cashier and went “Can I have a PB&J?” She chuckled at me and said “sure.” Folks, they even cut it diagonally. BEST. PB&J Sammich. EVER.
- I hate vegetables (especially broccoli & mushrooms). I’m notorious for picking out veggies from my food because I just see no point of them. All they do is really just take up space. And broccoli?? What is its point? It’s like eating a mini tree. It tastes like what I imagine leaves would. No thanks, I’ll pass.
- I take vitamins in the form of Flintstone Gummies. DON’T JUDGE ME!! The label said adult dosage is two, and I take them religiously. Those one-a-day vitamins taste gross (and yes, I am aware that they are pills but I can still taste them)
- I avoid cough syrup at ALL costs. I could have one of those throat-hurting whooping coughs and I will refuse to take cough syrup. They make me gag. Robitussin, especially.
- I love naps. On weekends, I take at least two. I’m actually thinking of closing my office door during lunch and snoozing.
- I think coffee is gross. It’s all bitter and stuff. Give me a warm cup of hot chocolate any day (marshmallows are optional). I start my days at work with French Vanilla Hot Cocoa.
- I love watching cartoons. My faves are: SpongeBob Squarepants, Fairly OddParents, Simpsons, and Family Guy. I used to LOVE watching Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain. Most NickToons rocks, so catch me on Saturdays on Nickelodeon for at least 3 hours.
- I pout when I can’t get my way sometimes. I sure do stick my bottom lip out, cross my arms and do the doe eyes.
Yeah, I would be a GREAT kindergartner right about now.
Edit: Yes, I just took my own advise and took a 40 minute nap in the middle of the day. Closed my office door, put my head on the table, and the rest is history. Twas awesome!