I’m An Overgrown Toddler
Part of my life’s mission is complete, folks. I have found a pair of adult footie pajamas. You don’t understand how much joy this brought me. It’s red with polka dots (even MORE awesome), and I cannot wait to get it. I ordered it last night and I shall count down the days till I receive it. With my footies in had, this winter promises to be a warmer and cozier one. Me and my 6-month old niece must take pictures in our matching PJs.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure that I’m an overgrown toddler. Reasons why:
- I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I actually went to Panera last week for lunch with my girl, and I looked on the menu. Nothing seemed appetizing enough. Those sandwiches are all extra complicated. I flipped to the back, and VOILA!! they had a kids’ menu. When I saw PB&J, I looked up excitedly at the cashier and went “Can I have a PB&J?” She chuckled at me and said “sure.” Folks, they even cut it diagonally. BEST. PB&J Sammich. EVER.
- I hate vegetables (especially broccoli & mushrooms). I’m notorious for picking out veggies from my food because I just see no point of them. All they do is really just take up space. And broccoli?? What is its point? It’s like eating a mini tree. It tastes like what I imagine leaves would. No thanks, I’ll pass.
- I take vitamins in the form of Flintstone Gummies. DON’T JUDGE ME!! The label said adult dosage is two, and I take them religiously. Those one-a-day vitamins taste gross (and yes, I am aware that they are pills but I can still taste them)
- I avoid cough syrup at ALL costs. I could have one of those throat-hurting whooping coughs and I will refuse to take cough syrup. They make me gag. Robitussin, especially.
- I love naps. On weekends, I take at least two. I’m actually thinking of closing my office door during lunch and snoozing.
- I think coffee is gross. It’s all bitter and stuff. Give me a warm cup of hot chocolate any day (marshmallows are optional). I start my days at work with French Vanilla Hot Cocoa.
- I love watching cartoons. My faves are: SpongeBob Squarepants, Fairly OddParents, Simpsons, and Family Guy. I used to LOVE watching Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain. Most NickToons rocks, so catch me on Saturdays on Nickelodeon for at least 3 hours.
- I pout when I can’t get my way sometimes. I sure do stick my bottom lip out, cross my arms and do the doe eyes.
Yeah, I would be a GREAT kindergartner right about now.
Edit: Yes, I just took my own advise and took a 40 minute nap in the middle of the day. Closed my office door, put my head on the table, and the rest is history. Twas awesome!
Somehow, I never knew about the PBJ thing. But it does fit in quite nicely with the fruits/starch mantra, so I’m not surprised.
You forgot to mention that you still wear backpacks sometimes.
And you look 12.
Love you 🙂
Ha Ha now that I read this I think I may be a over grown toddler as well! I love feet Pajamas!
I love PB&J and naps, and hate coffee, too!
Work/school/life would be soo much better and more productive if we were allotted official naptimes instead of having to sneak…
I thought you was thug…. but I get it, you a baby thug, you be gang banging on pampers, it is all getting clearer now….. you have multiple personalities… not that anything is wrong with that, lol…
oh yeah, you know I already have my footie PJ’s, they are the shiznit, I wish I could wear it to work everyday(remember the Halloween pictures from last year I showed you?)
Those are AWESOME! Where did you get them? I would love a pair!
Luvvie, how could you hate broccoli and mushrooms. Best veggies EVER!! lol Especially sauted in butter and garlic.
I hate coffee, too though. it makes me sleepy…very wierd.
PB&J is gross. Anything peanut related is just nasty. Peanuts just stink. Vegetables are GREAT! You need to get with the program, those Flintstone vitamins aren't gonna save you! They're full of sugar anyway.
Being a grown-up kid rocks. I'm telling you, it will keep you young!I've been going to the playground and on the floor playing everyday for over 10 years, and look at me! LOL!
This site has loads of information about Footed Pajamas. Many companies are making them these days so there are plenty of styles and types to choose from. About 5 or 6 manufacturers of footed pajamas are listed on that site.
ok this is hilarious, I’ve always wanted one!
Sounds like just me – sans the vegetables and the coffee. As a former fat kid and current frugal person, I could NEVER throw away food!
I really thought you were joking about them dayum pj’s.
*laughing at you*
I will make my first comment on a really old post because I also LOVE MY FOOTIE PJ’S! Ellen gave them away on her show and had the whole audience decked out. I actually asked for them for my 22nd birthday and ran around like a little kid when I finally put them on. I knew I was drawn to this blog for a reason. I came for the Sacndal Recaps I stay for the footie pajama solidarity. *throws up fist and Pajama hoodie*
I seriously just bought my mom a pair of footie PJ’s. She screamed like a Beyonce Stan who touched the hem of her garment. She turned on the air conditioner JUST so she could get snuggly LOL.